Kasper Van Landeghem
Managing Associate with ALTIUS (Belgium)
Banking & Finance law
T: +32 426 14 14
F: +32 426 20 30
Kasper Van Landeghem specialises in banking and finance law. He acts for borrowers and lenders on different finance transactions (including: syndicated loan transactions; debt capital market transactions; and real estate finance transactions). Kasper also advises various types of clients, including financial institutions (credit institutions, insurance companies and intermediaries), on: security interests (pledges and mortgages); finance regulations; regulatory issues; securities regulations; insolvency rules; corporate governance rules in financial institutions; certain aspects of international private law; and consumer credit law. Kasper also assists investment funds (undertakings for collective investment) on the following matters:
- Establishing investment funds and obtaining the required approvals and licences from the Belgian regulatory authority, the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA)
- Advising upon investment funds’ cross-border migrations
- Assisting with the legal aspects of the management of investment funds: reviewing articles of association, reviewing investment memoranda and drafting board minutes
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with service providers, such as custodians, management companies and financial agents
- Advising on the management, distribution and marketing of investment funds in Belgium, in particular in view of AIFMD, UCITS and MiFID.
Professional career and education:
- University of Ghent, Belgium, Lic. Juris (magna cum laude), 2007
- University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, Erasmus Exchange Program, 2007
- University of Brussels, Belgium, Special Degree in Financial Law, 2009
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2007
- Lawyer at ALTIUS since 2007
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- “Chapter on Belgium” in The Lending and Secured Finance Review, Law Business Research, 2016, 11 - 21
- “Banking and Finance law update: 2015 - 2016”, ALTIUS Newsletter, February 2016. (with J. De Bruycker)
- “Implementation AIFM Directive in Belgium”, ALTIUS Newsletter, December 2014. (with J. De Bruycker and W. Legrand)
- “New Belgian law on security interests over movable goods”, ALTIUS Newsletter, December 2014. (with J. De Bruycker)
- “Annotatie bij de nieuwe pandwet” (“Commentary on the new pledge law”) in X (ed.), Wet en Duiding Bank en Zekerheden, Brussel, Larcier, 2014, 608 - 615
- “Annotatie bij de wet van 16 december 1851 op de voorrechten en hypotheken” (“Commentary on the law of 16 December 1851 concerning privileges and mortgages”) in X, Wet en Duiding Vastgoedmakelaar, Brussel, Larcier, 2013, 340 - 410
- “Regulering van het beloningsbeleid van financiële instellingen” (“Regulation of the Remuneration Policy of Financial Institutions”), Bank Fin. R. 2011, 327 - 346
- “De vernieuwde Wet op het Consumentenkrediet: betere bescherming van de consument binnen een eengemaakt Europese markt?” (“The renewed law on consumer credit: better consumer protection within a single European market?”), T. Fin. R. 2011, afl. 2, 3 - 47
- “Derdemedeplichtigheid bij schending leasingovereenkomst voor het faillissement van de leasingnemer” (“Tortious inducement of breach of a lease agreement prior to the bankruptcy of the lessee”), RABG 2010, 506 - 512.
Kasper speaks Dutch, English and French.