Of Counsel to Moisand Boutin & Associés (France)
Financial Services Law
T: +33 (0) 1 47 66 51 19
F: +33 (0) 1 46 22 53 98
Charles Campbell has been in commercial legal practice in France since 1973.
Over the course of his career, his involvement in the banking and financial services sector has related particularly to real estate, private equity and investment fund matters.
In these areas he has advised major American, British, Irish and Scandinavian financial houses on the establishment of banks, private equity arms and portfolio management companies in France. He has served on the boards of French SICAV and consumer lending companies and is regularly consulted on matters related to regulated and non-regulated investment funds, private equity funds, portfolio managers and banks.
His practice entails frequent dealings with the French regulators, notably the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) the competent supervisory authority in respect of UCITS, assisting foreign sponsors in securing the necessary consents to market their funds or to acquire or set up de novo management companies and other entities providing financial services.
Education and Professional career:
- University of Cambridge
- Member of the Bar of England and Wales
- Postgraduate legal education at the University of Paris;
- Registered attorney-at-law in France since 1973 (at the Paris Bar: conseil juridique until 1992, avocat since 1992)
- Founding Partner of Campbell, Philippart, Laigo & Associés
- Of counsel to Moisand Boutin & Associés since 2014
Charles speaks English and French.