Partner with BRH PARTNERS LLC (Switzerland)
Financial Services and Investment Funds Law
T: +41 (0)22 322 94 00
Philippe Bonvin has an extensive practice in financial services law with a special emphasis on investment funds law. Philippe acts for a number of well known foreign asset managers and handles the registration of their foreign funds for public distribution in or from Switzerland. In this connection, he has very frequent and well established contacts with the Swiss Regulator FINMA. Philippe also advises those clients on many issues related to investment funds including distribution issues, private placement topics, rules concerning the marketing and the Internet and their restrictions in Switzerland and other investment fund related topics of interest to such clients. Besides this, Philippe has set up Swiss investment funds for clients and also regularly sets up and organizes investment funds in offshore jurisdictions for clients.
Philippe also regularly advises clients on banking and financial law issues and drafts agreements for them (including syndicated loans, guarantees, export financings etc.); he also advises on aircraft transactions, aircraft purchases and sales, sales and leasebacks, wet and dry leases and aircraft financings.
He also regularly assists clients in commercial matters by drafting agreements and negotiating with their counterparties on their behalf or by assisting them when they do so directly.
- University of Lausanne, Lic.jur 1973;
- Articled with Lalive and Budin, attorneys-at-law, Geneva;
- Successfully took the Geneva State Bar exam and was admitted to the Geneva Bar in 1976;
- Associate attorney-at.-law with Dr JJ Magnin, attorney-at-law, Geneva;
- Legal counsel with WW Finance SA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Credit Suisse First Boston;
- Legal counsel with Gulf Credit SA;
- Senior Associate attorney-at-law and then Partner with Pirenne, Python, Schifferli, Peter and Partners, Geneva;
- Partner with Budin and Partners, Geneva;
- Partner with BRH PARTNERS LLC, Geneva.
- Geneva Bar Association;
- Swiss Bar Association.
Philippe is bilingual in French and English, is quite fluent in written and spoken German and speaks Spanish and Italian.