Partner with Binder Grösswang Rechtsanwälte GmbH (Austria)
Banking & Finance
T: +43 1 534 80 - 330
F: +43 534 80 - 8
Michael Binder is specialized in advising the financial services industry with a focus on regulatory matters. He advises leading Austrian and international asset and fund managers in relation to all regulatory, license, fund formation, outsourcing and distribution matters.
Within his regulatory practice, Michael Binder is also the advisor to Austrian and international banks, financial institutions and insurance companies on matters such as license requirements, passporting issues, branch establishment, acquisitions, regulatory capital, AML, outsourcing and product requirements.
Professional career and education:
- Partner, Binder Grösswang since 1986
- Associate/Attorney at Law, Binder Grösswang, 1982-1985, 1980-1981
- Foreign Intern, Chadbourne & Parke, New York, 1982
- Yale University Law School (LL.M., Fulbright Fellow, 1982)
- Lecturer and Assistant at Institute for Commercial Law, University of Vienna Law School, 1977-1984
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur. 1978)
- Investment Funds Austria in PLC Cross-Border Investment Funds Handbook 2009, Practical Law Company, 2009
- Prospectus Regulation in Austria - Guidance from the Supervisor, IBA Newsletter on Securities Law, 2007, Vol. 13, No. 2
- Austrian Contributor, Corporate Governance 2002 (Getting The Deal Through), Law Business Research, 2002
- The Mandatory Public Offer in Austria's Takeover Act, M&A Yearbook 11/2000
- Bankenehe Hypo Vereinsbank und Bank Austria – Kurzanalyse, ecolex 2000, 875
- Article 11 bis of the Berne Convention and Section 59a of the Austrian Copyright Act, International Business Law, 81, 1995
- Satellite to Cable Services in Austria, Intellectual Property in Business, Vol. 2, Issue 1, 17, 1990 Bericht Handelsrecht, ÖZW 1983, 82.
- Vienna Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Inter Pacific Bar Association
- Association of Austrian Investment Companies
Michael Binder speaks German, English and French.