Partner with Ogier (Luxembourg)
T: +352 2712 2020
François specializes mainly in the areas of alternative investment funds while other areas of expertise include UCITS, international taxation, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, corporate law, and general business law.
With over 20 years of professional experience, François provides advice and assistance with all facets of Luxembourg investment funds. Throughout his career, he has worked with major organizations such as KPMG, Svenska Handelsbanken as well as acting as head of legal and tax for the RTL group. He has also worked with Fidelity Investments as senior legal counsel for continental Europe.
François is a regular speaker at many international seminars and events and is also a member of two ALFI committees: Real Estate and Private Equity. He is also a board member of the LPEA (Luxembourg Private Equity Association). He is currently teaching at the IFBL (Institut de Formation Bancaire, Luxembourg) a module on the “structuring of real estate investment”. He is also a director of several regulated investment funds (including real estate funds).
- Degree of the “Institut d’Etudes Politiques” (Economics and Finance) – Strasbourg (1982)
- Master in Business Law – “Maîtrise en Droit des Affaires”- Strasbourg (1984)
- Master in Political Science – “Maîtrise en Sciences Politiques” – Strasbourg (1984)
- Specialised third level degree in European Law – “Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies en Droit Européen” – Strasbourg (1985)
- Tax advisor with KPMG Peat Marwick
- Legal counsel with Svenkska Handelsbanken Luxembourg S.A.
- Independent attorney at the Luxembourg Bar
- Head of Legal and Tax with Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Télédiffusion S.A. (now RTL Group)
- Senior legal counsel (Continental Europe) with Fidelity Investments Luxembourg S.A.
- Founding partner and senior partner with Oostvogels Pfister Feyten (1999)
- Managing partner of Ogier's Luxembourg office (since 2012)
François is fluent in French, English, German and Luxembourgish.