Partner with Mamo TCV Advocates (Malta)
T: +356 2123 2271
Katya advises primarily international clients in the incorporation and licensing of all types of collective investment schemes including UCITS, alternative investment funds (“AIFs) and professional investor funds (“PIFs”). She also advises on the drafting and negotiation of associated documentation as well as on all ongoing legal support work that collective investment schemes require, particularly regulatory compliance. Katya’s regulatory experience also includes the structuring and operations of asset management and administrators.
- Maltese counsel for the incorporation and licensing of numerous collective investment schemes in Malta
- Maltese counsel for the setting up and licensing the first UCITS III platform in Malta
- Maltese counsel to the first Bermuda based professional investor fund that re-domiciled to Malta
- Counsel to the first professional investor fund incorporated and licensed in Malta that was structured as a limited partnership
- Counsel to the first fully operational Recognised Incorporated Cell structure set up in Malta.
- B.A. in Legal and Humanistic Studies (1998, University of Malta)
- Doctor of Laws (2001, University of Malta)
- LL.M. (2002, University College London).
- Admitted to the Maltese Bar, Superior Courts of Malta (2002)
- Malta Chamber of Advocates
- Institute of Financial Services Practitioners.
Katya speaks Maltese and English.